Saturday, April 25, 2015

Part of my take-home Social Studies Curriculum Exam


We know that teacher modeling is important for students. Describe how you will model for students the use of social studies content, processes, and values in your own life. 


I will continue to model social studies concepts in my personal life, in the following ways.

  • Participating in community activities and civics -  I often attend community meetings on local issues (Most recently a meeting with the local DNR and Parks authorities about changes that need to be made to our local parks and which areas the community thinks are most important.), I am not afraid to speak up and express my opinion and concerns. I also attend community events; parades, holiday celebrations, Music at the Millpond, Art Fairs, etc.
  • Exercising my Right to Vote! – I will continue to proudly wear my “I Voted” sticker on Election Day!
  • Active Membership in The Society for Creative Anachronism – I portray a Norse Woman in this not-for-profit Medieval History group, in which we dress in medieval clothing and practice the Arts, Sciences, and Martial activities prevalent during pre-1600s Europe and the societies in which the interacted.
  • Researching and Reading – I am a Social Studies Major. I love History, Historical Fiction, and learning about old and new places, people and cultures.
  • Visiting Significant Places – I love visiting Historical Sites, Museums, Government Buildings and other “Significant Places.” ;)
  • Keeping Current – I pay attention to what is going on the world. I ask questions, discuss, and share information with others.
  • Participating in Life – I am a citizen of the world! I participate in life. I serve in my community, pay attention to the world around me, and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment