Creativity: The production and use of ideas that are both New and Useful to the Creator.
We played a really fun game in class today! (I didn't publish this the day I started it - sorry!)
I think my Prof called it "Egg. Chicken. Robot." I think I would call it "Crazy Evolution" or something like that!
It is a variation on Rock, Paper, Scissors (RPS). But it has "hand motions" and Sound Effects! Before you start, it is a good idea to establish how you are going to play RPS (RPS then "shoot" or "shoot on S, or add in Lizard and Spock).
Everyone starts out as an Egg.
|You have to make the sound!|
If you are an Egg, you have to find another Egg and play RPS with him/her. The loser stays an Egg and has to find another Egg and try again. The winner becomes a Chicken!
The Chickens have to find other Chickens and again, play RPS. The loser stays a Chicken, and the winner becomes a Robot. If you can really do The Robot it is extra fun!
Robots play RPS with other Robots. Loser Robots are still Robots, Winning Robots become Dinosaurs! Dinosaurs have a bit of creative license - you can choose the kind of Dinosaur you become AND the noise you make! (As long as people get what you are!) I like Velociraptors!
|*When I was very small, my Grandpa told me he was older than dirt and remembered when Dinosaurs were alive. He told me that they said "Doh-doh." This eventually caused issues in Kindergarten.|
Dinosaurs find other Dinosaurs. The RPS Battle ensues and the Winner becomes a
Superheroes "fight" other Superheroes! BUT, the Winning Superhero is now finished and gets the prize of sitting down and watching everyone else! Eventually, the game will end when you have only one each
Who all get to take a Bow!
It was noisy and fun!
- Creativity is Personal - the discovery of something new for oneself
- Creativity is Novel - original, rearrangement of existing knowledge
- Creativity is a Problem-Solving Process - an effort in Trial & Error
- Creativity is Intellectual
- Defining the Problem - a recognizable problem
- Preperation - Fact Finding, research, study, immersion
- Incubation - combining, fermenting
- Illumination- Inspiration, the "Ah-Ha!," moment of birth
- Verification/Execution - Implementation, entering the world, inspection by others, Fruitation